So I am sure that we can all agree that we use our phones for so much nowadays because there is literally an app for anything! Of course there is apps for wedding planning today I am talking about the top 8 apps I used from the beginning of our wedding planning journey, all the way to the end! Let’s get to it!
- The Knot: Ok this was a gimme, but I love this app, especially in the beginning. I love the real-time countdown until the big day from days, weeks, and months. The app is broken out by sections from your home screen with all your details that you entered such as venue and date. The next sections are for vendors, I actually really used this section when it came down to reading reviews of vendors I was debating on. Next is the actual Planning portion, this has a checklist sectioned off by “9 months before the wedding these are the things you need to do”. I actually enjoyed this checklist because it reminded me of tiny details that maybe I wouldn’t have thought about or I would have maybe left them towards the end.
- WeddingWire: This app and the knot are super similar with some of the same concepts. I actually still enjoyed having both apps because if I wanted to read more reviews on a certain vendor, the apps were both at my fingertips. Also the checklists were very similar but it was interesting how maybe wedding wire included a bit more details in some aspects of the checklists and then the next month it felt like the knot app gave more details, so it was a good mix and checks and balances point.
- The Knot Lookbook: I was on this app every single night when we first got engaged. Just browsing through the many different styles of dresses not only for me but for bridesmaids too! This app was cool to use to also help me locate a dress/designer if I saw something I fell in love with. Either ways it was so nice to see all these ideas, that sometimes can get very repeatable when looking on pinterest, and when you are shopping in stores, overwhelming. Definitely recommend this app to all the brides!
- Wedding Spot: I used this app in the very early stages of planning. Essentially this app focuses solely on venues! I liked it, because it even provided prices. While I cannot say that they were exactly accurate, I believe they provide estimated prices, which is still much more helpful than not having any idea. What I enjoyed about the app was that it also showcased a bunch of venues that I had not seen before or aren’t as highlight on the knot/houston wedding magazines.
- Beaumade: Ok so picking a wedding band for me was a journey! lol, I sometimes wish I was the type of girl that can walk into the store, pick something in 10 minutes and leave and not question my decision. Wrong, lol I am far from that haha, so when I came across this app I was like in heaven lol. Because if I am being honest, I wish I could try on every wedding band without getting judged at the jewelry stores, so essentially that’s what I did with this app, in the comfort of my own home :). The app lets you take a picture of your hand and then lets you choose different ring styles to “try on”. Ok, this may not be exactly the same as going in person, but it is still pretty neat to see the different styles and visualize it on yourself. Like I mentioned I used this for when I was looking at ideas for my wedding band.
- Target Registry App: As mentioned in this post, we registered at 3 different places, one of them being target. The Target Registry app lets you keep track of your registry items like what has been purchased, what is out of stock, lets you add more items like if you were shopping online and the best part, has an integrated scanner portion! So if you are walking in stores on a random sunday and see this brand new crockpot that you must add at that moment, you can easily scan the barcode and ta da; on the registry!
- Crate&Barrel: Just like the target app, also allowed us to keep track of our items and add on the spot with the scanner, or as if we were shopping online. We were also able to see our thank you manager through here so that was a bonus!
- WS Registry: Same concept as the other registry apps, which we loved, like the apps were actually useful! This app did feel more like a website loaded on the app but it still provided the info we needed.
Hope these apps make your planning journey a little more fun and convenient, and hope ya’ll have fun with Beaumade and try on all the sparkly rings! Til next time.