Hi there! So one of the reason’s I started my blog was to bring all those interested along in my journey. So 3 months later, I realized I have not done a wedding update! So what a great time to do my first one as we are a couple days shy from being at the 6 month mark! I am thinking maybe to write one of these once a month or so.
Since we have been planning since the beginning of 2017, I feel like most of my planning has been done so I will just go over some of the recent things we have done.
- My parent’s are covering the alcohol costs, so we went back to Houston a couple of weeks ago, and set aside a couple of hours to literally just buy baskets worth of liquor. LOL. It was hilarious seeing the looks we were getting, and then having to explain, oh its for a wedding, and the sighs of relief. So that was a huge check off our list. They still need to get some mixers and beer and I think we will be completely done with that.
- We FINALLY decided on someone to do our stationary! Not sure why this was so difficult for us, but I think we did about 4 consultations, and it was so hard to find someone that totally got my vision AND within our budget! So right now we are in the design process and then we will be moving on to picking wording, rsvp cards and so on!
- My MOH ordered the invites for my bridal shower! This was fun! My MOH has been amazing at letting me in on some of the details (because I am too type A to not know anything) but also have a balance to let me be surprised by some details. She let me in on the invites and I am OBSESSED! I can’t wait til she sends them out!
- So I have been eyeing some wedding bands for a while and could never make up my mind. I originally thought I wanted the set that matches my engagement ring band but the more I kept doing research, aka search Pinterest, the more I wanted something more unique to me! So I think I picked out the perfect one, I may go look at it once more this weekend and then we will be ready to order. My fiance was super easy, he knew from day 1 what kind of ring he wanted so no stressing there!
- Lastly I recently reached out to a local alterations place to have my wedding gown altered! I got some information such as timelines so now I just need to pick a date of when I will be going in for my alterations.
Things to do:
- OMG! I have so many details left to do that if I wrote them all out here, I may end up writing a novel! So maybe I will just go over some of my priorities for this month, first off I need to decide on my wedding shoes!! I cannot find “the perfect pair”, part of me wants to get flats so I can wear my shoes all night then part of me wants to get a glamorous heel. UGH the struggle. How did ya’ll decide??
- I still need to find flower girl dresses and a suit for our ring bearer. I have ideas of the looks we are going for, just need to actually find them. I am also having a hard time with this because the kids are around the age of 8, so I am just afraid they will hit a growth spurt of some sort over the summer. So definitely being cautious of not ordering too soon!
- Cabo shopping! We are heading to Cabo for my bachelorette at the end of August so I am starting to shop now because 1. This is like prime season for white outfits/dresses/rompers etc. 2. To spread out my costs. Since there are just so many details I still have left to get, I figured if each month I set a budget for “Cabo Shopping” it wouldn’t feel like so much of an expense if I were to shop that month prior to the trip. I have found so many cute things so far! I can’t wait to write a post about it.
Well I hope you all enjoyed my first wedding update! I can’t wait to write more and keep you all involved in my journey! Til next time!