Happy Wedding Wednesday! Today’s blog post will be surrounding bachelorette celebrations again! I am loving this little series if you will! Since my bridal shower will take place at the end of June, I figured come June, I will be focusing on that as well! So lets get into today’s post. I wanted to talk about how to plan an itinerary for the bach weekend and if you were on the fence of planning at the level of detail let me help convince you on why you should!
MOH’s; creating an itinerary for the weekend will make your life so much easier, not only for you or the bride but for the rest of the girls going on the trip. Trust me, you don’t want to get bombarded the week of the trip with questions like, “What time should I be at the airport”, those types of details should be squared away week’s in advance so that no one is stressing. Also take into consideration no matter how much you plan to the very specific details something will go wrong or not as planned so don’t sweat that and just take in the moment and go with the flow. Also I think having the itinerary should be used more as a guide. If you focus too much on the, “OMG, we were supposed to be having dinner at 6:00 PM on the dot” you are just going to stress out for no reason. So here are my tips on creating a successful itinerary:
- Start with an outline of the things you know for sure are non-negotiables. Meaning if you know your flight leaves at 9am, make sure you start your itinerary with that time frame in mind. Also things like let’s say you are going to Vegas and plan on attending a concert/show, & already have tickets, then plan around that as well.
- Take into consideration a time block to get ready each night. Think about it, a huge group of girls doing their hair and makeup. Yeah definitely plan around that! And if your daytime plans happen to run longer than expected then don’t get too stressed instead work around it and just communicate with the girls what the new time to be ready is, or if you were able to push your dinner reservations up.
- MOH: share the itinerary with the bride!! If your bride is anything like me, she wants to know the plan and know what outfits to take for each activity. So do her a favor and share the itinerary. Now you are probably thinking, “well I want to keep some activities a surprise”. In this case make 2 versions, one for the bridal party and then one for the bride. So if you are throwing her a lingerie shower and want it to be a surprise well then, just don’t include that in her itinerary. It’s worth the effort so that everyone is on the same page to some degree.
- Consult with the rest of the bridal party. The rest of the girls are part of this trip as well so maybe ask if they have any recommendations maybe on restaurants, activities etc. While you may not be able to do everything on the trip, the rest of the girls will appreciate the thought of you asking and choosing to do some of those items. Also there are so many tools out there where it makes sense to do some type of survey or polls to get their opinions.
- Have back up plans!!! This is a must. Something will not go as expected due to unforeseen circumstances, maybe the weather has an impact on an activity. You don’t necessarily have to include a back-up for every activity in the itinerary but at least have the thoughts in the back of your mind just in case! Especially for the big activities
Here are 2 itineraries I helped create so that you can get on idea on some break downs and level of detail that went into planning. Til next time!