I am obsessed with bridesmaid proposals! I think there is so many ways to get creative and give your bridesmaids a cute gift to pop the question. I did so much research on what I wanted to include as part of my proposal, I looked at pinterest, etsy, fb groups, instagram and so on. I knew I wanted to include something of a keepsake, items to go in theme, and wedding details. Here is what I included in my box:
- Mug- I bought these simple white mugs from target and took them to a local place to get personalized. I got their names, title and wedding date placed on them.
- Mini champagne bottle- I went to a “Total Wine” near me, and found cute yet affordable mini bottles! I have a total of 6 bridesmaids so I had to take that into consideration when I was making my purchases, simply because I had to multiply each cost x 6. I then decided to make them sparkly by covering them in glitter and tying a striped white and gold ribbon to give it that extra touch.
- Champagne gummy bears- I wanted to give the girls something edible as well and I ran across these little gummies and they went perfect with my gold and white theme + champagne gummies, yes please!
- “Will you be my bridesmaid” Card- pretty obvious but I gave each girl a different card and wrote them a letter basically going back to some memories of our friendship and how I basically could not imagine them not part of my big day. Writing each card was so sentimental and just reassured me that at the end of the day I could not imagine them not being by my side.
- Picture of us- I found these shape cut outs from Michael’s and just printed out photos and put them on top of the cut out to serve like a frame. I figured adding a photo of us was that perfect touch to capture moment’s in our friendship. It was so fun looking back at high school photo’s including that in some of the boxes.
- Info cards- I feel like once you are asked to be a bridesmaid, it opens the floodgates of questions as now feel comfortable asking the bride 20 million things about the wedding! So I included info such as the Wedding Date, Venue, Wedding colors and lastly the bridal party and their information! I found this super cute idea from pinterest that said “Best friend since” and included a sweet memory of when I knew this girl was seriously one of my best friends. I picked something that I knew they would instantly bring back a memory of us and knew she would smile when she read it. Read them below!
My piece of advice, give them something you know they will use/go with your theme! Also keep cost in mind, as you are well aware if you are a Bride, wedding costs add up so fast, so think about that you will also still need to purchase wedding day “thank you” gifts for your bridesmaids such as a robe or whatever you decide. Another thing is don’t feel as if you need to give them every bridesmaid type gift that you can imagine. I was considering including a shirt that said bridesmaid but I didn’t really want to guess so I later did a Bridesmaid Survey (I’ll write about this soon), where I asked them for their tshirt size. I then later sent them shirts through the mail right before my first dress appointments.
Here are some ideas if you are looking for a way to propose to your bridesmaids:
To all the graceful bridesmaids out there, what was your favorite gift that you received as a bridesmaid??